Sunday, December 28, 2014

First Day of Ultra Marathon Preparation

I did a full marathon last fall. The next weekend I went on to earn the title Ms. Reno Sport Model and get second place over all in the bikini division in a bodybuilding competition. After that I decided doing a distance walking event the weekend before a bodybuilding competition.

It remains to be seen if I will do bodybuilding again. Despite that, I decided I want to do a 100 mile endurance run (more of a walk for me). I convinced my husband Matt to do it with me.

Last night we signed up for the Hot Chocolate 15k in San Francisco in a few weekends. I'm looking forward to doing this event with Matt.

We are starting our 100 miler training today. I'm not really sure how many miles we will do. We may end up snow shoeing which will mean we do fewer miles.

I did a 10k++ (about 8 miles) a few weekends ago. I'm trained enough that I can easily walk 10 miles without a problem. I'm pretty sure I'm trained enough right now to be able to walk a half marathon (13.1 miles) if I wanted to today.

I declared to Matt this morning, "I always want to be in good enough shape to be able to walk a half marathon at the drop of a hat."

No comments:

Post a Comment